Saturday 28 February 2015

Portfolio thoughts

I've been having some difficulty getting to terms with my course recently (and I suppose this whole year to some extent.) I've always battled with the concept of trying to work out 'what I want to do', since my foundation shook up my life. So in this regard I do regret not seeking a degree which would take me more directly into a field that would be more focused. But at the same time the beauty of my course is you can really do anything you want. So I do admit to being swept up by the bigger picture (3rd year is approaching!) and not spending as much time as I might have done just having fun with it all. Which I vow to do with this next project

Rant over, here's a picture!


This image has inspired me to write these thoughts all down (thoughts that have been stressing me out all week). I really like the menu layout of this guy's website, I could have a similar one (plus a section for writing.) I believe this person did a degree that I would liked to have done, as it values the conceptual and multi-disciplinary side to design - which is me (as I have identified a little two late.) Despite this, I believe I can fill all these categories with high quality, conceptual, developed design work. Which I really need to get on top of, hopefully next week. 

As long as I'm constantly making good stuff - I agree this second year has been good for sampling - but I just have not suceeded in high quality final pieces. Which, ultimately, I need for a portfolio, to demonstrate what I have learnt (a lot of which through mistakes.) 

I feel confident if I go back and reaccess these projects - editing, remaking and re-photographing elements, then they will be suitable for my (currently underconstruction) online portfolio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment