Thursday 1 January 2015

Goodbye 2014. Hello 2015

New Years I have always found an odd thing to celebrate. Yes it is a good time for reflection and after the over-exerting joys that Christmas brings (eating, drinking, napping etc) I can see the appeal in viewing the New Year as a clean slate. A fresh start. A clean break. Or a whole lot of pressure if you ask me...

This year my NYE celebrations were a little different to usual. I essentially spent it with people I hardly know, in a place I've never been, and stayed up and awake to a time I haven't managed... I think, ever! But I think it was the best New Year's Eve I've ever had. 

Rather than having a subdued affair with friends or family, or working (as I had anticipated originally), I was in a situation where everybody seemed happy and thankful for what the past year has given them, and what the new year will bring. I still value those near and dear to me, but being in an environment where everything is new, exciting and different perfectly suits the perspective that there are so many opportunities waiting for me in the year ahead. 

So don't expect to find me bombing about in a club when the last clock strikes twelve in 2015, but I've got to find a way to spend it that tops this year. Though saying that I had no way to predict that I'd end up in this brilliant situation. Suppose I shouldn't knock it until I've tried it...

Best New Year wishes to us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment