Tuesday 29 March 2016

Business Cards/ Personal Branding idea

This is just a quick note on a big topic. My final degree show piece combines 3D (functional product) with 2D surface design (print, illustration, whatever I'm calling it). 

I'm using origami folding techniques to incorporate printed paper into my work. 

Looking for a bit more pattern inspiration - I came across this: (tutorial here)

Origami Card Holder

I'm thinking this would be a great thing to make featuring my prints and CV (with a head-shot) to accompany my degree show work, particularly at Industry night and at New Designers (if I get there). 

I'm not really thinking the right companies for me are going to come to either of these events (I'd be better suited to part II of New Designers I think anyway). However it's good to have a bit of self-promotion handy to make you stick out from the crowd. 

Exciting ideas like this are more the more reason that I need to get my portfolio in order!



No comments:

Post a Comment