Thursday 2 October 2014

Laser Cutting First Timer (shellfish and bananas)

The task today basically was creating a digitally designed 3D form, then putting it into a format suitable for laser cutting.

Despite any complications, I have fallen in love with this process (as many ambitious designers/ lazy makers do.)

My outcomes (they remind me of shellfish and bunches of bananas):


Yes well these are the layers that are meant to be stuck together, but I love the clean perfectly formed shapes and the compositions one can make with them. There is scope to use angular lines too, and etch, and include numbers and/or text.

I see a lot of potential in the process, and I feel it necessary to push my CAD skills this and next year (with all the great technology available.) 

Anything is possible these days. For example, this exercise has made me enjoy working with curved lines! 

No comments:

Post a Comment